- Backyard birding and wildlife watching
- Bob Ross
- Cook or bake
- If you have the ingredients, try Lace cookies.
- Cross stitch!
- Digital jigsaw puzzling https://www.jigsawplanet.com/
- Free grown up (and some kid friendly) coloring pages at https://library.nyam.org/colorourcollections/
- Free watercolor, lettering, and journaling resources Let’s Make Art
- If you have a Nintendo Switch, Just Dance 2020 is very fun!
- If you play a musical instrument, use it to express your feelings
- and record and share with others if you are brave!
- Listen to your favorite music
- Make something however simple (or not) – just so you have something that’s not related to your situation or lack of normalcy
- MEMES for humor
- Puzzles (jigsaw, crossword) or Legos
- Prayer and/or worship
- Quizzes! Sporcle allows you to earn badges and challenge other players! https://www.sporcle.com/
- S’mores with family outside getting fresh air around a fire
- Watch some of your favorite uplifting shows/movies
- Words with Friends
Meditation/ Stress Management
- The app Headspace
- Calm Free Resources
- Mindshift app. Track anxiety, tools to calm down, etc.
- -Planet Fitness is offering free “Work ins” https://www.planetfitness.com/health
- YouTube workout videos
- Go for walks if you’re able
- LOTS of yoga I use the app from Yoga Downloads.com (it’s excellent), free videos at https://www.doyogawithme.com/ and https://yogawithadriene.com/, the Down Dog app is also offering free membership for several weeks during this time.
- Virtual yoga!
- Walk “to and from” work. Arrange your desk space in the morning and go on a walk. Come home to your workspace. At the end of the day, clean up your workspace and leave for your walk. Come home to your living space.
- Call/Skype some friends
- Digital Happy Hour
- Prosocial non-internet based things to do while practicing social distancing
- Use company tools to connect with coworkers (Zoom, Microsoft Chat,Teams, etc.)
- Schedule virtual coffee breaks with no set agenda — Yes!! So important!!
- Subscribe to a meal-delivery service (e.g., Freshly) to avoid trips to the store
- Similarly to above, Bite toothpaste ships to your house, as does Humankind which makes tablets that turn into mouthwash. They’re both plastic-free too.