REWIND & HIT PLAYa day long mini-conference of past presentations, projects and research
Saturday, April 6th, 2019
UCLA’s Charles E. Young Research Library
For many students conferences can be unfeasible to attend due to expense, geographic location, or scheduling conflicts. However, attending conferences is part of professional growth for both new and seasoned professionals. With the collaborative efforts of the UCLA Association of Moving Image Archivists(AMIA) Student Chapter, Los Angeles Archivists Collective (LAAC), UCLA Library, and the UCLA Department of Information Studies, Rewind & Hit Play brings together a selection of local scholars and professionals working in the field of media archiving to present work recently included in various conference programs that students may have missed.
- Snowden Becker (MLIS Program Director, UCLA Department of Information Studies)
- Jolene M. Beiser (Archivist for Special Collections, UC Irvine Special Collections & Archives)
- Peter Sachs Collopy (University Archivist and Head, Archives & Special Collections, California Institute of Technology)
- Caitlin Denny (Senior Media Archivist, Paramount Pictures)
- Holly Rose McGee (Digital A/V Assistant, Getty Research Institute)
- John William O’Neill (Archivist, Neil Young Archives)
- Mark Quigley (Television Archivist, UCLA Film & Television Archive)
Rewind & Hit Play is open to all MLIS students, UCLA Library staff, librarians and archivists from all stages of their careers within and outside the UCLA community. This event is free to attend.
Special thanks to the Los Angeles Archivist Collective (LAAC) for promotional sponsorship and assistance with event planning; the UCLA Library for providing the event venue; and UCLA’s Department of Information Studies, Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) proper, LAC Group, and the Society of California Archivists (SCA) for financial support.
#REWINDHITPLAY @AMIAatUCLA @laacollective
EVENT CONTACT: Brianna Toth, UCLA AMIA Co-President, firstname.lastname@example.org