LAC Group is searching for a Temporary Part-Time Media Cataloger for a media client in the Downtown Los Angeles area. The Cataloger will be responsible for performing quality control of digital audio and complete cataloging of 750 audio items. This is a part-time position (about 25 hours per week) that will run for approximately 2 months.
- Gather and update title, date and copy info for 750 reels of audio tape by reviewing physical labels and cross-referencing with available performance history data.
- Perform timecode cataloging by listening to audio recordings and cross-referencing with existing audio sources and performance history data.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Archiving is strongly preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with media archiving, digitization and material handling within a library, archive, museum or media environment.
- Proficiency with Excel and experience with databases and information retrieval required
- Background in music is preferred
- Attention to detail and great communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, can work independently
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.