Southwest Kansas Library System
Responsible for all facets of a 21 county multi-type library system to include fiscal, personnel, programming, and legislative functions and provides vision and leadership to the Southwest Kansas Library System, its Board, and staff.
- Serve as technical advisor for the System Board to frame, implement and evaluate System services, operations and policies.
- Develop annual budget with the advice of the Budget Committee and maintain System’s financial integrity. Work with auditors to prepare budget publication and ensure timely publication of System budget. Work with SWKLS committees to develop and manage programs, services, and related policy.
- Prepare agenda and reports (financial and informational) for Board meetings and committee meetings in consultation with Board Chair or Executive Committee.
- Prepare payroll and all bills for processing; receive, record, and deposit reimbursements from member libraries. Oversee all areas of System finances including QuickBooks, the line item budget, and bank balances.
- Manage public and school contracts
- Keep member libraries apprised of staff goals and long-range System plans.
- Employ, supervise and evaluate personnel required to carry out the services of the System, including but not limited to creation and review of annual goals and objectives. Review departmental reports. Assist in planning and implementation of staff continuing education.
- Monitor trends in librarianship to ensure that System services are vital and that the current and future needs of member libraries are met.
- Ensure System compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations,
including knowledge of and familiarity with Kansas statutes and library standards.
- Inform the Executive Committee of the needs and status of member libraries.
- Oversee care and maintenance of system facilities and operations.
- Communicate effectively to System Board and members.
- Meet regularly with county commissions and library boards in the system.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited university
- At least five years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Represent System on local, state and national issues relevant to library legislation and concerns
- Strategic Thinking: Recognize future trends and appropriately revise or create services and programs
- Customer Focus: Work with a positive, service oriented attitude, focused on current and future customer needs
- Leadership: Support staff in developing innovative ways to assist libraries in creating and maintaining relevant services and programs. Take a leadership role in state-wide activities for the benefit of member libraries and general library service.
- Problem Solving: Recognize patterns, consider risks, and use sound judgement to identify, solve, and prevent problems
- Decision Making: Gather, utilize, and interpret relative information to make informed decisions
- Financial Management: Successfully manage all income and expenditures, develop annual budget, and oversee grant-funded projects.
- Presentation Skills: Inform and educate small and large groups through a variety of presentation methods including online and in-person venues.
- Communication: Convey and receive information effectively in writing and when speaking, keeping staff, customers, and stakeholders apprised of System services and programs
- Dependability: Take appropriate action to meet goals, schedules, and demands while accepting responsibility for actions, results, and risks
Apply by February 12, 2021 for first consideration. Resume and Cover Letter can be mailed to: Southwest Kansas Library System, 100 Military Ave. Suite 210, Dodge City, KS 67801.
To apply for this job please visit Southwest%20Kansas%20Library%20System,%20100%20Military%20Ave.%20Suite%20210,%20Dodge%20City,%20KS%2067801.