Website South Dakota State University
South Dakota State University (SDSU) seeks an innovative, service-oriented individual for the position of Systems and Discovery Librarian. (Assistant or Associate Librarian depending on qualifications)
The successful candidate will provide support for library systems for SDSU collaborating with library staff to enhance users’ ability to identify, retrieve, and use library resources. The successful candidate will also work as part of a team to enhance and support the consortium of South Dakota’s six public university libraries.
This 12-month faculty Librarian position reports to the SDSU Head of Technical Service; participates in professional activity; and serves on library, university, and statewide committees. The Systems and Discovery Librarian supervises the Library Computer Support Specialist and works in conjunction with South Dakota Board of Regents staff.
- Provide leadership and training to build an integrated framework for library systems (e.g. link resolvers, digital object storage and access systems, interlibrary loan, integrated library systems, and discovery solutions) to improve the user experience;
- Shape the library’s technological future by exploring and advocating for user-centered library systems and applications;
- Collaborate with library staff, campus instructional designers, IT colleagues, and consortium partners to provide flexible and innovative information services;
- Use technology creatively to address challenges and improve processes;
- Support and enhance the ILS, including testing, customizing reports, training staff, and improving staff and user interfaces;
- Contribute research support for library collection analysis activities, digitization initiatives, and assessment;
- Provide reference assistance, including some weekend duty;
- Fulfill faculty expectations for librarianship and service as required for rank adjustment;
For a full listing of the responsibilities, qualifications, salary, and to apply, visit https://YourFuture.sdbor.edu search for the position, and follow the electronic application process.