LAC Group Content and Archives services division seeks a Sort/Select Metadata Technician for a full-time opportunity to work on a project with a prestigious media client located in the Burbank, CA area. This Sort/Select Metadata Technician is responsible for handling photos, sorting those images to client specifications, and preparing them for storage. This role involves working with content from films from the 1930’s forward and is a great opportunity for someone with who is interested in and knowledgeable of Motion Picture history (titles, actors, etc.).
- Properly sort images by selection criteria separating “select” images from “non-select” images.
- Accurately identify and count images and place in proper containers.
- Previous photo handling knowledge/experience including handling delicate photos, re-sleeving techniques, and knowledge of negatives/prints/duplicates. Previous experience in a photographic archive, stock photo agency, Publicity Dept. of a motion picture studio or for a Publicist is preferred.
- Excellent Handwriting is required
- An MLIS or film degree is required
- Knowledge of motion picture history is helpful.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.