Website Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in beautiful Prescott, Arizona is seeking a highly motivated, creative, forward-thinking, and collaborative professional for the position of Research and Instruction Services Librarian at the Hazy Library and Learning Center. This position is open until filled and the review of applications will begin February 5, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The librarian, as a member of the Research and Instruction Services team, collaborates with faculty to provide instruction and workshops that support and encourage student inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity to all levels of students in the ERAU learning community. Working with a team of innovative librarians, the successful candidate will develop and deliver library research instruction programs, maintain information resources and tools that advance student learning, and provide research consultation with faculty and students. This librarian will coordinate library efforts with Open Educational Resources and collaborate with the campus community. They will serve as liaison to one or more academic disciplines to select and evaluate information resources as well as serving on multiple library and campus committees. Schedule will include some evening and weekend hours in rotation with other librarians.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library program.
- Professional experience in an academic library, including teaching and instruction.
- Strong service orientation with commitment to innovation and building alliances with all levels of the ERAU learning community.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience supporting curricular and research needs in STEM disciplines.
- Knowledge of and/or implementation of ACRL Framework concepts.
- Knowledge of Open Educational Resources and Copyright.
- Ability to work in a team environment of respect, trust, and collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices that advance student and research information literacies.
- Ability to analyze, implement, and adapt to evolving library services and technologies.