Placenta Public Library
- Conducts specialized reference work using print and electronic formats at the one-point service desk.
- Prepares, plans, implements, and assesses programs, computer workshops, the collection, and other services for the community.
- Responsible for selecting and de-selecting books and other library materials for areas of the collection assigned by the Supervising Librarian.
- Assists in procuring, researching, writing, securing, and executing grants for the Library.
- Recommends policies for public services.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on purchases, repair or discard of books and other library materials in areas assigned by
the Supervising Librarian.
- Conducts presentations and participates in outreach activities.
- May train and assist library assistants, volunteers and other staff assigned to Children’s Services.
- Performs storytime and other children’s programming.
- Prepares, writes, and submits reports of activities as assigned.
- Equivalent to a Master’s Degree in library and/or information science from a school accredited by the American Library Association.
- Grant writing knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Library experience is highly desirable.
Applications are available online at www.placentialibrary.org and at Placentia Library District, 411 E. Chapman Avenue, Placentia,
CA 92870. Candidates who submit the online application in lieu of the resume and cover letter will not be considered. This position
closes at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 4, 2021 . Interviews will be held the week of October 11, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.placentialibrary.org.