Department: National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region, Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library
Rank and Salary: Assistant Librarian – Associate Librarian ($49,165 –$77,371)
Position Availability: Immediately
Application deadline for first consideration: November 20, 2018
Position Duration: This is a grant funded 2-year temporary position.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Education and Outreach Librarian coordinates all aspects of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Southwest Region (NNLM PSR) training and exhibit programs. The Education and Outreach Librarian is one member of a team of three outreach librarians.
Specific duties include:
• Develops and maintains instructional and informational education materials and provides training to librarians, health care professionals, partner organizations and other regional constituents.
• Utilizes distance education software to provide training to health care professionals and librarians, including webinars and online courses.
• Collaborates with other NNLM Coordinators and Librarians in planning, implementation and budgeting for educational needs of health care professionals, consumers, and library staff in the region.
• Selects, plans and manages the NNLM PSR exhibit program for regional and national exhibits of National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources and services.
• Oversees evaluation of outreach activities and serves as liaison to the NNLM Evaluation Office (NEO).
• Maintains and monitors adequate records of training activities through the NLM Outreach Applications and Online Contract Reports System.
• Exhibits at regional and local conferences and meetings reaching NNLM PSR target populations, and submits presentation proposals aimed at providing education about NLM and NIH resources.
• Contributes information via the NNLM PSR blogs, social media, and website to promote current awareness in NLM, NIH, and NNLM information resources and tools.
• Assists as needed with other NNLM PSR outreach and network activities to promote NNLM and NLM resources, programs, and services.
• ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science OR significant graduate-level coursework toward such a degree OR equivalent education and experience (subject expertise combined with professional library education and/or experience).
• Experience in planning and delivering educational services in various formats, including course management systems.
• Strong organizational and information technology skills.
• Familiarity with NLM and NNLM programs, and working knowledge of NLM resources, such as PubMed.
• Ability to be flexible, work independently, and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong communication and teaching skills and demonstrated experience creating instructional materials and teaching adults.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment and on projects in various settings.
• Willingness to travel throughout the Pacific Southwest Region.
• Knowledge of the funding proposal development process and outcomes-based evaluation.
• Experience with health information outreach for health professionals.
• Knowledge of the Medical Library Association’s continuing education and accreditation process.
• Experience with disaster preparedness resources.
• Knowledge and/or experience with big data and data management support.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.apo.ucla.edu.