Website Loyola University New Orleans
The University Library of Loyola University invites applications for a faculty position to begin Fall 2021. The appointment will be made at the level of Extraordinary Assistant Professor (One-year appointment, non-tenure track). The Digital Collections Librarian/Archivist will develop and maintain digital collections, assist in the day-to-day work of Special Collections & Archives, engage in teaching with archival collections, serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments or centers, and participate in the library instruction program.
- Master of Library Science degree from an American Library Association accredited school.
- Experience with digital initiatives and digital library projects, including experience with digital collection management software. Equivalent combination of coursework and experience may be considered.
- Experience in an academic library, museum or archives. May include internships and/or fieldwork.
- Demonstrated knowledge of archival theory, best practices, and standards as they relate to the processing and management of digital and archival collections.
- Knowledge of copyright standards and digital rights management for primary sources.
- Familiarity with and interest in information literacy and instruction.
- Strong commitment to responsive and innovative service; ability to balance varied responsibilities; demonstrated ability to work in an active learning environment and juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and researchers.
- Significant coursework and/or professional development in digital archives.
- Experience producing DACS-compliant finding aids.
- Experience with Omeka, Islandora, and/or ArchiveSpace/Archon
- Knowledge of digital library assessment and analytics; experience with Google Analytics preferred.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references via email to: email@example.com. To receive full consideration, applications must be received by end of business, Monday, June 21, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org