North Valley Public Library
The North Valley Pubic Library in Stevensville, Montana seeks a creative Library Programmer to provide learning fun and social opportunities for children 0 to age 11 and adults ages 19 and up (We already got the teens covered.) This is a full-time (38-hour position). Starting wage: $17.50-$18.50/hr. DOQ. Benefits include health insurance, enrollment in Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Four-Five adult programs a month.
- Adult maker-kit or craft event (one a month).
- Book related programs such as author event, book discussions etc.
- The sky is the limit. Teach your favorite hobbies. Teach acting. Get in some experts and teach the community something new about agriculture, gardening, current events, etc. (We are allowed 3 Humanities Montana programs a year.)
- Minimum of 3 weekly children’s programs
- Early literacy Mother Goose on the Loose for ages 0-3
- Storytime & More – Stories and craft. Ages 3-5 and siblings.
- STEM related programs for ages 5-11
- By May 31 of each year, prepare Summer Reading activities, brochures, and special events for June-August, culminated in the Creamery Picnic parade, based on the theme for the summer. Participate in the Creamery Picnic parade each year with children, normally the first Saturday in August.
- You could have acquired the skills and abilities for this position through a combination of education and experience. You could be an actor teaching improv, an outgoing librarian with an MLS, a certified teacher, or a previous employee at SpectrUM. Must have instructed or performed for both children and adults.
- Responsibility. You must be able to give adult programs after the library closes 7:00-9:00 and offer occasional Saturday programming. You would be the only employee after hours, in charge of closing up after the program.
- Technically savvy. You will be teaching 3D printing, beginning coding, and other makerspace fun learning. Ability to present programs online through Zoom and other remote meeting and presentation software. Teach adults computer skills and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with teaching and/or performing in front of audience or class.
- Being crafty, creative, positive, and outgoing.
- Love of learning, love of books and reading.
- Must like to make things and find out how to make things. Ability to learn new equipment and show others how to use it.
- Must love instructing kids through seniors.
- Demonstrated ability to create and present programming.
- Familiarity with teaching STEM and equipment in makerspaces. (preferred)
The North Valley Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
How to apply: Please be creative. Tell me about your skills, experience and what programming ideas you have. I still need a resume or curriculum vitae. Must include a list of programs you have given. Please include location, dates, and audience age. Three professional references required. Email to email@example.com. This position will be open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org