Website Pace Gallery
Pace Gallery’s Research & Archives Department is seeking a part-time Cataloging Intern for the 2019 Winter / Spring semesters. Interns will become a vital member of our library and art cataloging team by assisting with special projects, including cataloging library and special collections materials. This is a fantastic opportunity for hands-on experience in art cataloging practices.
This is a paid internship, 10:00AM to 5:00PM, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Internships are for students in library science. Knowledge of Library of Congress classifications, subject headings, and authorities is helpful but not required.
Library Catalog Duties
• Assist with copy cataloging and editing existing bibliographic records
• Preparing materials for shelving (barcoding and shelf labeling)
• Additional cataloging duties as needed
• Enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science
• Coursework/experience in cataloging and classification
• Knowledge of MARC/RDA cataloging
• Experience in processing library materials in various formats
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work independently and without a collaborative team environment
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft/Outlook and database programs
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with ‘Catalog
Internship’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Pace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability,
gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
32 East 57th Street, New York · 212 421 3292 · pacegallery.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org