Reporting to the Head of Collection Information & Digital Assets, the Collection Information Specialist contributes to the improvement of collections data and digital assets as housed in The Museum System (TMS), the museum collection management database; ResourceSpace (ODIN), LACMA’s digital asset management system and related conservation data system plans; Move Object Request Application (MORA), an artwork movement tracking database; and Drupal, the content management system used to publish data and images to collections.lacma.org. The Collection Information Specialist provides user support for these systems on a daily basis via the CIDA Hotline for the staff of multiple museum departments, including curatorial, registration, conservation and more.
*The position is currently funded through June 30, 2020. *
Some duties include:
– Handles a variety of CIDA Hotline requests to meet systems user needs including general use questions, data entry assistance, data upload and report requests and troubleshooting;
– Provides individual and group training sessions; drafts and publishes written procedures as well as reference and training materials for staff usage of databases;
– Creates and modifies Crystal Reports and SSRS reports pursuant to staff requests and project needs;
– Runs basic SQL queries;
– Maintains user accounts and security;
– Performs regular audits of data entry in governed databases, alerting staff of discrepancies;
– Tracks statistics of database usage;
– Provides museum collection inventory and digitization project support;
– Researches data standards;
– Performs data entry, including batch uploads and carries out data clean up projects as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have a degree in Museum Studies, Library Science, or a related field; previous experience with a museum collections management database, knowledge of data standards for museum collection management, familiarity with museum practices and experience providing user support and training in a team environment. TMS, Crystal Reports, SSRS, digital asset management system, content management systems like WordPress or Drupal, and SQL experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org