Website Kresge Library, Oakland University
Oakland University’s Kresge Library seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual to join us as an Assistant Professor and Digital Strategies Librarian to provide leadership for the Library’s digital initiatives in its teaching-focused environment.
In collaboration with both faculty and staff, the Digital Strategies Librarian explores, discovers, acquires, plans, implements, and manages digital projects and assets. Successful applicants to this position will possess technical skills and strong project management experience, as well as high-level knowledge of digital collections, metadata creation/maintenance, digital archiving, and preservation. Candidates must demonstrate experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Providing leadership in prioritizing and managing digital initiatives throughout the project lifecycle for both digitized and born-digital items, including recommendations for related hardware/software and funding opportunities
- Designing, documenting, and overseeing efficient digital production workflows that may involve stakeholders from library and university departments
- Engaging with a variety of preservation tools and employing metadata standards, controlled vocabularies, and archival schema as appropriate, while keeping abreast of emerging trends in these areas
- Ensuring best practices for digital collections as they relate to preservation, copyright, usability, and accessibility
- Collaborating with subject librarians and disciplinary faculty to enhance discovery of digital collections for teaching and research purposes
- Contributing to broader scholarly conversations through publications and presentations
- Participating in library, university, and professional service activities
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience working on digital projects employing best practices in collection processing, description, access, management, and preservation.
This is a tenure-track faculty position with an eight-month schedule. Salary will be determined by credentials and experience. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefits including TIAA/CREF and Fidelity retirement plans.
Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND TO APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE SEE FULL POSTING AT: http://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/15224