The Data Management Coordinator position is based in ExED’s Los Angeles home office, which is comprised of over 70 team members who work with charter schools to ensure their success. Currently, this is a remote position, however, the candidate must be able to transition to a hybrid remote/in-office role in the near future.
The Data Management Coordinator will play a critical role in delivering ExED’s data management and data reporting services by processing and submitting required reports tied to vital funding for your portfolio of schools. Additionally, this role will offer creative solutions and feedback to further shape and strengthen the DMT services. A detail-oriented highly organized professional who is passionate about public education reform is the ideal candidate to join the Data Management Team (DMT) at ExED.
The position offers an opportunity to work directly with respected leaders and school site staff in public education and to focus on high-impact issues related to school data and school funding at an early stage in your career. We are especially excited about candidates that have experience on a school site and in customer service as well as experience with teacher credential analysis, Special Education, and/or student information system administration.
This position has an evolving range of responsibilities with opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated success. Under the supervision of an ExED DMT Manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Communicate effectively and partner closely with school leaders and staff
- Manage a portfolio of partner schools in a collaborative team environment
- Respond to troubleshooting and thought-partnering requests from schools quickly, asking questions to understand goals and issues to ensure that the most effective information is provided
- Expand ExED’s library of how-to guides and data best practices designed specifically for schools by conducting primary and secondary research
- Work collaboratively with internal staff to ensure the continued growth and effectiveness of ExED’s support to schools by contributing creative ideas to capture internal knowledge and improve internal processes
Utilize problem-solving and critical thinking to ensure successful data reporting
- Access, review, calculate and prepare student attendance, nutrition, and other mandated reports to secure available funding for schools
- Identify issues in student information systems, develop recommendations, and present findings to schools in order to strengthen school staff capacity for school data, attendance, and nutrition reporting processes
- Support with CALPADS reporting by assessing and supporting data integrity, providing resources to assist the appropriate school staff with their on-site data management and practices, and prepare and certify CALPADS data submissions on time
Implement tools and processes to strengthen data management
- Manage projects, regular communications, and training to support successful implementation of schools’ state reporting data strategy
- Organize and keep current shared tracking tools and electronic files to collaborate and encourage teamwork across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- One or more years of database management or Special Education (IEP)/Student Information System experience (PowerSchool, Aeries, Illuminate ISI, School Pathways, SEIS, SIRAS, Welligent, etc.)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products and the Google environment
- Curiosity to take complex problems, conduct analyses, and present solutions with clarity, confidence, and poise
- Critical thinking and strong research skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect with incredible attention to detail
- Initiative and perseverance in the face of challenges and a strong desire to do whatever it takes to improve and develop
- Organizational ability including planning, managing, multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities effectively while working independently
- Team player, self-starter, and excellent interpersonal skills to motivate others
- Interest in education reform and service in support of school site staff with the end goal of ensuring our public school students are provided excellent educational opportunities
- Experience in CALPADS, CNIPS, customer service, teacher credential analysis, and/or school site experience a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented critical thinker
- Ability to manage, retain and monitor information from multiple and varying sources
- Able and eager to simplify complex requirements for the intended audience
- Problem solver individually and with a team
- Curiosity for continuous learning toward comprehensive understanding of requirements and schools needs to maximize the benefit to the school
To apply for this job please visit exed.hrmdirect.com.