Belle Isle Library
- Provides excellent customer service, including answering questions and helping members locate materials and services of interest.
- Manages Engagement staff at the location
- Uses effective techniques, good judgment, and established organizational values, policies, and procedures to resolve difficult situations with members.
- Executes short- and long-term objectives within the context of the library’s strategic and tactical plans.
- Champions the library’s strategic goals and initiatives with the system’s mission, vision, and core values in mind.
- Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws including: scheduling, managing, and approving payroll time entries, approving leave requests for direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; communicating with staff; monitoring and appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; providing coaching and mentoring for direct reports; and training staff as necessary on basic job functions.
- Works collaboratively with the Education and Program Services department and Engagement staff to offer local programs and services to all target audiences.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of all programs and services in location.
- Develops and manages community relationships; supports and participates in civic engagement.
- Engages with the community and target audience by planning, implementing, and evaluating outreach; including processing new library accounts and replacing library cards at Engagement events.
- Responds to member complaints; trouble-shoots and resolves problems; answers the more difficult reference questions; performs readers’ advisory to assist members in the selection of books and other materials.
- Provides technology assistance to members; assists members with self-service equipment and technology.
- Utilizes outcome-based planning and evaluation for program planning.
- Provides oversight for local volunteer experience.
- Measures the effectiveness of library programs and services for target audiences.
- Participates in hiring staff for location, in conjunction with the Library Manager and the Human Resources Department.
- Assists the Library Manager with the annual budget; monitors adherence to programming budget.
- In collaboration with the Library Manager, participates in strategic planning for the location’s programs, services and events.
- Identifies needs, services, demographic, and technology trends impacting local target audiences.
- Makes presentations to staff and decision-making groups, as assigned or required.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures, including set-up or shut down of equipment and unlocking or locking of doors, as well as monitoring and maintaining building security and safety standards as assigned.
- May assist in creating/editing/curating content for the web in the form of blog posts, bibliographies, etc.
- Attends meetings and relays information to staff, leads and participates in local and system-wide staff meetings, engages in committee/team work and completes training as necessary/required.
- Serves as the Manager on Duty.
- Works in a manner safe to the individual and other people; follows safety rules and safe working practices; uses safety equipment as required.
- Defends the principles of the Citizen’s Bill of Library Rights, the Freedom to Read Statement, the privacy of library members’ records, and the Code of Professional Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited college or university in Library and Information Science.
- One or more years of personnel management experience with evidence of progressive responsibility and interdisciplinary approaches to problem-solving and decision-making
- Two or more years of customer service experience working in a public library setting
- Enthusiasm for public service and the ability to work well with a diverse patronage.
- High level of comfort with program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience building sustainable community relationships.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.