LAC Group is seeking a Digitization Clerk to work on a year-long, onsite archival project in Washington DC. The primary responsibilities for the position will be scanning and handling archived documents and assigning metadata. This is a full-time, benefited position.
- Scan unique and possibly fragile archival documents
- Perform scanned image quality assurance, including review and cropping
- Assignment of metadata, as necessary
- Condition assessment of archival materials, pre- and post-scanning
- Prepare one-of-a-kind archival materials for scanning through removal of staples and paper clips
- Reassemble one-of-a-kind archival materials after scanning through replacement of staples and paper clips
- Correctly flag and refer scanning errors to appropriate team member
- Create and undertake quality control routines to identify scanning irregularities
- Document new processes as requested
- Complete metadata fields and ensure metadata is attached to information and records
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards and the implementation of classification systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, library science or information management is strongly preferred.
- At least 2+ years of prior scanning, material handling, archive/library experience including handling fragile or rare archival documents, scanning/metadata techniques and practices.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Suite is preferred.
- Knowledge of French and Spanish language is an advantage. Knowledge of Arabic, Russian, and Chinese languages are a plus.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.