Website Brandeis University
Brandeis University invites applicants for an open Metadata Librarian, Hebrew Specialty position. At Brandeis University, our mission and history are rooted in the pursuit of social justice, thus we aim to include this value in all that we do. We are seeking candidates with a variety of social identities, including those who have been underrepresented in higher education, who possess skills that spark innovation and who are committed to building, engaging with, and sustaining a pluralistic, unified, and just campus community.
- Perform original and copy cataloging of materials for all Library collections in a variety of formats and languages, with an emphasis on Hebrew language materials
- Apply current standards and controlled vocabularies, including RDA, MARC 21, Dublin Core, MODS, BIBFRAME, Library of Congress authorities, and Library of Congress classification.
- Lead efforts to maintain and enhance the quality of metadata and authorities across Library collections
- Perform targeted data cleanup and enhancement projects
- Use software applications and tools (e.g., MarcEdit, OpenRefine) to manipulate data.
- Provide expertise and support for special metadata projects (e.g., rare books, digital materials, institutional repository content, etc.).
- In collaboration with other acquisitions and discovery staff, provide leadership to students who work on cataloging, metadata projects, and material prep services.
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to implement and promote metadata standards and services
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Library and Information Science preferred plus 3-5 years related work experience.
- Hebrew language proficiency
- Knowledge of metadata standards (e.g. RDA, MARC21, Dublin Core), best practices, and tools (e.g. MarcEdit, OpenRefine, Connexion)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
To apply for this job please visit brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.