Website A.T. Still University
The A.T. Still Memorial Library is looking for a Library Assistant to provide library services in order to support the education of the Central California Physician Assistant Program at our new Santa Maria, CA location. Working with the library team at our Arizona and Missouri campuses, the Library Assistant will be the front line person for all things library to the students and faculty at this location, at the same time as performing online task in support of the library enterprise as a whole.
- Library Instructional Services – Maintain library space, refer students to relevant library resources, and coordinate services of liaison librarian with CCPA student and faculty.
- Library Desk – Maintain library space, maintain and circulate library collections (reserve books anatomy models and media equipment), basic directional and reference support. Order library supplies.
- Room Booking – Approve and respond to room bookings and email queries in our about the Accruent EMS system room booking system.
- Email Queries – Receives email queries from library email address and distributes queries to relevant staff. Responds to poster printing requests and forwards them to the relevant person.
- Interlibrary Loan – Using Docline for health related titles and OCLC for non-health titles the LA is be responsible for ordering, receiving and sending to requestors materials obtained from other libraries. He or she will also be responsible for receiving, copying, and sending materials requested from other libraries. This will also involve maintaining records of ILL transactions for 5 years as required by federal copyright laws.
- Collection Maintenance – Coordinate ordering and receiving of all physical collections; catalog and process new items including printing and attaching labels, barcodes etc. Check in and shelve new journals every week, if applicable.
- Library Guides – Assists in maintaining library guides when requested by Library Director or Web Sciences Librarian. Maintains and curates library resource lists under supervision of the same.
- Printing Services – Main point of contact for library’s laminating, poster printing (requires Power Point knowledge) and 3-D printing services on the CA campus.
- CCPA team – Maintain good relations and work with CCPA team (under direction of Library Director) to provide library support of the CCPA curriculum.
- At minimum a high school diploma plus two years of college (AA degree or 60 credit hours) with a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience with 1-2 years of library experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with manipulating Excel, Word and Power Point files.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Well organized, dependable and good interpersonal skills.
- ILL or document delivery experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit atsu.edu.