The Society of Mississippi Archivists is pleased to announce their annual meeting will occur on April 24-26, 2019 on the campus of Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS.
This one and one half day multidisciplinary conference will explore the theme of Diversity and Inclusion in the Archives. There will also be a pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, April 24, on Teaching with Primary Sources, Special Collections, MSU Libraries, from 2-5 PM.
We seek posters, individual presentations and panels that consider all aspects of diversity and inclusion in archival practice, including reference, instruction, outreach, appraisal and processing.
Possible topics include:
– Successful outreach to underrepresented communities
– Approaches to developing LGBT+ collections
– Recruiting and retaining faculty and staff from underrepresented communities
– Making the archives accessible to patrons with disabilities
– Creating diverse and inclusive exhibits in the archives and on-line
Please send an abstract (with title) of approximately 200 words and a brief bio to DeeDee Baldwin (firstname.lastname@example.org), by February 7, 2019. Both individual presentations and panel discussions will be limited to one hour sessions.
We welcome proposals from scholars at all stages of their careers.
Coordinator of Manuscripts
Mississippi State University Libraries
PO Box 5408 Mississippi State, MS 39762
662 325 3071 | email@example.com