Website Sonoma County Library
Under general direction of the Public Services Division Manager, directs the day-to-day operations and activities of the Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library. Provides professional library services including reference, reader’s advisory, collection development, and performs related work as assigned. This position is responsible for all personnel and operations within the branch and for branch relationships with the community it services.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
Manages the day-to-day operations of a branch library including staff, materials, and facilities
Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates professional and support staff
Oversees or participates in the recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers
Directs and coordinates activities of a branch library in conjunction with system policies and regulations
Makes budget recommendations and monitors the branch library budget
Participates in promotional and public relations tasks, such as creating interest in library services, and creating and implementing strategies for improving awareness of library services
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience as a professional librarian, including two (2) years at a lead, supervisory, or managerial level.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of library policies, program planning and implementation, systems development, and library operational trends and practices
- Principles, practices, procedures, techniques, and materials of professional library work, including library reference, collection development, and other professional library services
- Principles of supervision and training, including work planning, assignment, performance review, discipline, and the training of staff in work procedures
Current and new technologies and electronic resources related to library services
- Sound budgetary practices and development, monitoring, and implementation of a program budget
- Assist in developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards, and to oversee and coordinate library collection development and management activities
- Supervise, train, motivate, and evaluate staff
- Identify the needs of the public and develop, implement, and manage assigned programs, service areas, policies, procedures, and/or material collections
Work closely and effectively with public officials, community groups, staff, volunteers, Library Advisory Boards, Friends of the Library, and the general public
- Use computer and other technology, including software, hardware, and the Internet sufficient to be able to assist customers, conduct research, prepare reports, and use email and other communications technologies
SALARY RANGE: $80,620.80 to $100,672.00 annually plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification from the recruitment process. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application. Please attach transcript document(s).
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer