Website Headspace, Inc.
Tech wellness - Meditation and more...
About the Library Assistant (Contract) at Headspace:
Headspace is seeking a creative and detail-oriented Library Assistant to join our Digital Asset Management (DAM) team. The Library Assistant will play a crucial role in the execution of uploading, tagging and cataloguing creative assets while assisting in the setup of the Headspace Digital Asset Management system. Working under the Sr. Digital Asset Manager and Digital Librarian, the Library Assistant maintains a strong commitment to customer service, is extremely detail oriented, persistent in maintaining the organization of Headspace content while meeting DAM project objectives and requirements.
Storytelling, meditation and a keen interest in health and wellness should be your passion. Ideally you have experience working with cataloguing and tagging creative assets, you have a broad skill base, a willingness to tackle problems and learn along the way.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Full-time Contract (3-6 months; may be extended)
– Responsible for the tagging, cataloguing and processing of DAM assets.
– Assist with the organization and processing of content and related resource materials.
– Upload material to DAM, server and cloud storage.
– Work independently on assigned projects to improve access to content, assess digital readiness, initiate and complete digitization projects, and ensure preservation of records in all formats.
What you’ve accomplished:
– Previous library experience; research and cataloging experience, basic understanding of library principles and practices; familiarity with DAMS
– Familiarity with asset management and controlled vocabulary systems.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to follow detailed instructions and work independently.
– Basic knowledge and understanding of digital asset management and archival principles
– Familiarity with cataloging, LCSH, LC Classification and authority control
– Experience with metadata schema and standards; knowledge of controlled vocabulary thesauri
– A strong public service orientation assisting archives users from diverse backgrounds in collegial, collaborative, and diverse environments
– Previous DAM, library experience; research and cataloging experience.
– Ability to learn, and advise / improve upon internal technology / product
– Ability to interact effectively and harmoniously with other people