|Title: Library Collections Assistant
Department: Library, Access Services
Reports to: Library Collections Supervisor
|Position #: New
Performs a variety of duties associated with the day-to-day collection maintenance at the Dartmouth Libraries; to prepare material for transfer to and from the Library Collections and Services Facility; and to assist with collection management projects and tasks.Key Accountabilities
- Performs the daily work of Baker-Berry stacks including: shelving, scanning, collection moves and performing inventories of the collections (70%)
- Assigned to the Library Collections and Services Facility as needed to support daily work and large scale collection moves (10%)
- Staffs public service desks at Baker Berry Library performing various patron related duties. Monitors building security and contacts Safety and Security as needed. (10%)
- Responds to a variety of in person, telephone, and email information requests and refers questions to reference librarians as appropriate. (5%)
- Attends staff meetings and participates in the development and evaluation of departmental policies, goal setting, procedures, and workflow. Stays current on best practices. (5%)
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others. Performs other responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma
- Two to three years relevant library experience preferred and/or customer service experience with a diverse clientele.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during the workday.
- Must be able to operate a variety of warehouse machinery, including manual and powered lifts.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work efficiently; set and modify work priorities; while under pressure and despite interruptions.
- Ability to work collegially in a team environment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with OnBase, ILLiad, Alma and other library or records management software.
URL to apply: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/63576
– Posted 6/21/22