- Provides excellent customer service and assistance at all service desks as needed in a proactive manner.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, locating appropriate library materials and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and digital resources.
- Participates in collection development, weeding, programming, outreach and other library projects.
- Plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational, educational or recreational needs of the community.
- Represents the library in a professional manner to patrons, community, media and professional organizations.
- Creates bibliographies, book lists and displays to promote library use.
- Implements library policies and practices. Writes reports, collects library statistics and works with budgets.
- Maintains current knowledge of available sources of information and public demand for reading materials.
- Alerts supervisor to problems encountered in routines of work.
- Performs other duties as required.
Librarian I: ALA accredited MLIS required.
Associate II: Bachelor’s degree; applicants interested in completing an ALA accredited MLIS program will be given first preference.
Knowledge of general library practices and procedures. Ability to read and write effectively and communicate in both written and oral form; follow directives; be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes an evening and weekend rotation; and treat co-workers respectfully. The successful candidate must be able to meet and serve the public in a professional and positive manner and have a strong commitment to excellent customer service. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with the library’s resources. Ability to foster and encourage library use for all ages.
Under the supervision of the Head of Reference Services, conducts general reference work, participates in collection development, prepares bibliographies and promotional materials, and performs various administrative duties. Exercises moderate judgment in work, within established policies and regulations. Works with minimum supervision, including evening and weekend hours.
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com.