Sheridan Fulmer Library
Under the general supervision of the Library Director, the Youth Services Manager oversees the daily operations of the youth service area and staff. Responsible for planning and implementing library services for children, tweens, teens, and their parents or caregivers. Provides a friendly and relevant environment for visitors and is a strong advocate for youth services to the community at large.
- Under the general supervision of the Library Director, the Youth Services Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the youth service area and staff.
- Responsible for planning and implementing library services for children, tweens, teens, and their parents or caregivers.
- Provides a friendly and relevant environment for visitors and is a strong advocate for youth services to the community at large.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Youth Services Department.
- Oversees the development and implementation of programs and outreach for youth aged 0-18 and their parents or caregivers.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Youth Services collections.
- Actively and creatively select new materials to be added to the collection according to current library policies.
- Coordinate with Technical Services Department to ensure the accurate cataloging and processing of new materials.
- Develop youth-oriented content for website and social media outlets.
- Create library promotional materials and displays.
- Assist patrons in locating materials, assisting with reference questions, providing access to digital content, and locating other library materials.
- Works with the Programming Coordinator to ensure that all programs, exhibits and services are publicized to the community.
- Prepare reports as required indicating current progress and anticipated future needs in Youth Services.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the community to promote and strengthen Youth Services.
- Develop and implement initiatives for expanding library services to youth and associated community groups.
- Enthusiastically and energetically advocate for Youth Services.
- Assist in the selection of staff for employment.
- Participate in professional organizations and stay abreast of trends and issues
- Assist in the development of library procedures, goals and departmental budgets.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- A Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Studies program.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- Minimum of two years’ documented experience working with (or providing programming services to) children, tweens, and/or teens.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Sheridan County Public Library System
335 West Alger
Sheridan, WY 82801
To apply for this job please visit www.sheridanwyolibrary.org.