Under general direction, the Youth Programs Coordinator works with youth, and also performs professional and technical library services. The position is part-time (20 hours a week) and pays $15 per hour. The Youth Programs Coordinator is a unon-union position and is accountable to the Library Director. Work varies requiring limited independent judgment within prescribed standards and procedures.
- Physical requirements include walking, climbing stairs, reaching, standing, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 50 lbs (greater with assistance).
- Duties are performed in surroundings where undesirable physical conditions are minor and controllable.
- Must be able to operate computers, software applications, and other office equipment.
- Must possess a valid Montana Operator’s License.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Substantial and frequent contact with fellow employees and the public where tact and diplomacy are necessary.
Major Areas of Accountability and Performance
- Works with all Patrons of the Library, including children, promoting, planning, and developing programs and special events.
- Plans and presents Storytime in accordance with monthly themes and early literacy standards; incorporating current and emerging technology as appropriate.
- Develops and presents children’s outreach programs during regular visits to area daycares, preschools, schools, and other community organizations.
- Develops and presents children’s activities in the library.
- In coordination with the Assistant Librarian and/or the Director, promotes events and activities via social media.
- Maintains program/event statistics and reports.
- Creates library displays and passive programming in the children’s area
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Works with the Director in carrying out library policies and procedures.
- Greets and assists Library users in and outside the building employing effective customer service skills.
- Performs general circulation duties: check-in, checkout, and renewal of materials, library card sign-ups.
- Assists Patrons as needed with the use of public access computers and electronic devices, such as computers, reading devices, tablets, and phones.
- May perform front desk work and maintains other standard tasks such as shelving, filing, and maintenance of library appearance.
- Promotes the services of the library to meet community needs, present and future, more effectively.
- Assists as needed with responding to reference questions and phone inquiries; photocopying, scanning, faxing, and other patron services.
- Performs all routine library functions and other duties as needed.
- Handles small amounts of funds.
- May open or close the library.
- Supervise children during programs
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from High School, or its equivalent supplemented by course work in library science or secretarial skills helpful; PLUS
- Demonstrated work experience, preferably work in a library setting and/or with children.
- Shall obtain a Montana State Library Certification within three (3) years of employment and maintain such Certification throughout employment.
Examples of Performance Criteria and Qualifications
- Assists to ensure the library and library programs are run in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develops budget-conscious children’s programs and activities suitable for the ages targeted in and outside of the library.
- Professionally handles disruptions during presentations/events.
- Consistently and accurately maintains program statistics.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, the public, and other groups including daycares and schools.
Submit County Application, Resume and references to Finance and Human Resources Office, Stillwater County Courthouse, PO Box 795, Columbus, MT 59019. Applications and Job description are available online at www.stillwatercountymt.gov. Late, incomplete or unsigned applications may not be considered.
CLOSES: Accepting Applications until November 13, 2020
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE AT: https://www.stillwatercountymt.gov/resources/jobs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any non-essential job function.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com