Website Wilmington Historical Society
Wilmington Historical Society
The purpose of the Wilmington Historical Society is to preserve our community’s history and to help create a better future. We pursue this mission through these primary activities collecting, archiving and educating. As a resource for researchers, we preserve and restore historic buildings and sites, provide input to city planning decisions, and promote community and economic development based on our historical assets.
- Building off of an established collections survey and processing plan, the WHS archivist will process, arrange, and rehouse all collections.
- Creation of finding aids at collection or series level, as needed.
- Assess incoming acquisitions and donations for adherence to the collections policy and accession.
- Provide reference support to staff, researchers, and the community.
- Promote access to the collections and provide outreach to the community.
- Oversee the work of the Archival Assistant
- Train volunteers and oversee volunteer processing work.
- Make recommendations for supply purchases
- Research and make recommendations for archival cataloging software and a platform for digital collections.
- Update the WHS Archives Collections Policy and draft policy guidelines concerning public access to materials
- Master’s Degree in Library Science, History, or related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years accumulated professional archival experience in special library or museum settings, especially related to archival processes, organization, digitization, and volunteer interaction.
- Experience with acquisition, accessioning, preserving, and maintaining collections according to archival standards, including experience working with or handling archival materials in various formats.
- Experience with digitizing collection materials Cataloging knowledge, including archival cataloging software.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities for different projects Effective oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com