VA Boston Healthcare System
Come join us in Boston at The VA Boston Healthcare System (VABHS), New England’s premier referral center for Veterans’ healthcare. VABHS is the largest recipient of VA research funds in the nation and ranked #3 among 146 VA facilities nationally for overall employee satisfaction. We are a Boston-based epidemiology and biomedical research organization. We are actively engaged in several large-scale observational studies using Veteran’s routine electronic health records as well developing a national catalog of phenomic metadata for enhancing research and clinical operations. Our Management Team coordinates the curation and collection of data metrics from among a diverse community of biomedical researchers, clinicians, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and informatics teams with various academic affiliations.
The VA Phenomics Library, Centralized Interactive Phenomics Resource (CIPHER), serves as an encyclopedia of VA EHR-based phenotyping through the integration of metadata on phenomics work across the VA research and clinical operations community to optimize VA data use for VA research and clinical operations and to serve the VA community. The VA Phenomics Library group, CIPHER, is seeking a Librarian to join the team.
Our group’s aims are to provide a knowledgebase framework to collect, store/archive and share phenotype definitions/data mapping/other metadata used in VA projects and publications, to expedite VA science by enabling phenotype reusability and scalability across VA projects and to build a platform to encourage and enhance collaboration and communication across the VA research community. The successful candidate will assume an integral role in the collection, maintenance and updating of VA research data. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, collecting content from publicly available sources (Pubmed) to enter phenotypes from VA and non-VA publications, entering phenotype metadata for the library using standardized classification methods and updating pages to meet library requirements.
- Collect content from publicly available sources to enter phenotypes from VA and non-VA publications
- Enter phenotype metadata for library using standardized classification methods
- Serves as a liaison with a consortium of partners and subject matter experts
- Establish effective and clear communications between internal and external collaborators
- Contribute to manuscript preparation, report development and presentations
- Responsible for tracking and auditing new content, updates, and changes
- Organize and design content for user interface and
- Follows official government reporting requirements & submit reports on a timely basis
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policy and procedures.
- Follows center standard operating procedures and demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with Good Clinical Practice standards
- Protects patient and scientific confidentiality by ensuring security of research data and protected health information
- Works closely with the project leads and leadership on supporting activities and special tasks as necessary
- Be a US Citizen and MUST clear a US government background check
- Be in the local Boston area, as this is an on-site position
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific/clinical field required OR library-specific degree
- Excellent team player
- Willing to travel within the Boston area and nationally for conferences, study meetings and trainings
- Have a good understanding of research and research infrastructure
- Have or quickly gain an understanding of the following subjects: databases, electronic data capture, reporting, data workflow, performance indicators, Sharepoint, Microsoft Office.
- Professional writing, reporting and excellent communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing demands of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit m5.apply.indeed.com.