Utah State University
Utah State University (USU) Libraries seeks a creative and student-oriented librarian to join the Digital Initiatives (DI) unit as a 12-month, tenure-track, faculty appointment with rankof Assistant Librarian. This position is located on the USU Eastern Campus in Price, Utah. The Open Educational Resources (OER) & Outreach Librarian contributes to a robust and thriving OER program at USU Libraries serving Logan and the Statewide campuses and particularly the students and faculty at USU Eastern. The OER & Outreach Librarian works closely with the OER Team (a full-time coordinator and two part time student program assistants) in Logan and other campus partners to identify, create, adapt, and adopt open and affordable content at the course and program level.
This is a highly collaborative role integrating across numerous departments. Working closely with USU Eastern’s Library and Learning Commons (LLC) team, this position also supports the Public Service and assessment initiatives of the LLC and will facilitate information and resource sharing between the LLC and the Merrill-Cazier Library in Logan. The OER & Outreach Librarian collaborates with the First Year Experience Librarian to support information literacy instruction for the students and faculty at USU Eastern as well as outreach to concurrent enrollment students.
We are seeking applicants who welcome a dynamic, collaborative environment and wish to have a strong impact on the evolving learning, teaching, and research needs of the USU community. USU Libraries is dedicated to promoting an environment of diversity and excellence throughout the USU community. The position reports to the Head of Digital Initiatives at the Logan campus with input from the Director of Operations at USU Eastern. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2021. Utah State University offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental with a 14.2% retirement contribution by the University and 22 days/year vacation. This position pays $48,000/year, plus excellent benefits.
- Contribute to the leadership, vision, and support for USU’s OER initiatives in collaboration with Logan, Statewide campuses, and other stakeholders.
- Guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content.
- Provide information literacy instruction for English composition courses for both on campus and online classes at USU Eastern, including concurrent enrollment students.
- Explore and develop new programming and outreach opportunities to support USU Eastern students in collaboration with the LLC stakeholders.
- Assess LLC collections, services, and overall information literacy needs of USU Eastern faculty and students and collaborate with USU librarians to meet the needs identified.
- Liaise with other USU Eastern, Logan, and Statewide campus offices supporting OER initiatives.
- Participate in professional development opportunities relevant to the needs of the position.
- ALA- accredited MLS degree before start date
- Knowledge of best practices when working with open and affordable course content
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and initiate needs-based projects with little guidance
- Ability to collaborate and develop collegial working relationships
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a willingness to experiment with new methods and technologies
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs, assignments and environments
- Ability to meet the university’s requirements for promotion and tenure, including excellence in librarianship and effective scholarly output and service to the university and profession
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting, respecting, and embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view.
- Experience in an academic or research library
- Familiarity with current trends in accessibility, copyright, and open access as they related to course content
- Knowledge of best practices and current trends in information literacy education and effective teaching methods
- Familiarity with applying emerging technologies for both information and instructional services and OER creation projects.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references.
To apply for this job please visit careers-usu.icims.com.