Website Utah State University
Utah State University (USU) Libraries seek a collaborative, organized, and service minded Digital Projects Manager who will oversee existing and develop new digital projects.
The Digital Projects Manager provides leadership and coordination for the planning and creation of digital collections and exhibits at Utah State University Libraries and works with a dynamic team including full-time staff and part-time student employees. As a member of Library-wide teams, the successful applicant will contribute to content strategy and planning as well as evaluation and assessment for digital projects. This includes collaboration with Special Collections and Archives to evaluate and prioritize collections, both physical and born-digital, for development into online, openly accessible resources. The successful applicant will also oversee projects with campus and community partners to create collections and exhibits that support the Libraries’ and University’s mission. As a member of the Digital Initiatives Unit, the Digital Project Manager contributes to unit, division, and library-wide planning and initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Initiatives, the position is a full-time, fully benefited professional position. The Library is especially interested in promoting an environment of diversity and excellence throughout the institution and welcomes candidates committed to fostering diverse and inclusive environments.
Review of applications will begin on September 28, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
- Oversee the creation, marketing, and assessment of digital collections and exhibits featuring material from Special Collections and Archives or campus and community partners
- Implement and coordinate digital project plans by managing stakeholder communication, project timelines, project documentation, and deliverables
- Develop and maintain workflows, processes, and quality control procedures for digital collections and exhibits
- Collaborate with staff and student employees on digital object management including digitization, file naming, and quality control
- Working with Cataloging and Metadata Services, support the creation of metadata and the ingest of digital objects into the CONTENTdm and Omeka platforms
- Lead monthly team meetings to discuss projects, challenges, and opportunities
- Manage digital platform accounts and access
- Assist with training and troubleshooting on the CONTENTdm and Omeka platforms
- Maintain statistics and prepare official project reports as requested
- Train and supervise student employees
- Manage an ongoing transcription project to ensure accessibility
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or related field
- Strong project management skills including experience developing workflows and writing procedures
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to meet deadline
- Ability to work effectively and collegially within a team environment, and to work effectively with administrators, researchers, staff and students
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
- Demonstrated computer competency
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Supervisory and/or training experience
- Experience using Airtable or other project management tools
- Knowledge of document file formats and digital file types
- Knowledge of metadata formats such as MARC, Dublin Core
- Experience handling archival materials
- Experience using CONTENTdm, bepress Digital Commons, Omeka and/or other digital asset management software
- Familiarity with the digital curation life cycle including: principles, standards, and best practices; web design; and a wide variety of digital media
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dental insurance coverage for the whole family
- 14.2% of annual earnings are deposited into a 401(a) account, no matching required
- 22 days per year of paid annual leave
- 12 days per year of paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Free access to an on-campus exercise facility for both employee and family
- Opportunity for 50% off tuition for both employee and immediate family members
- Equipment budget to purchase the technology needed to do your job well
- Ongoing training and funds to attend seminars, conferences, etc.
To apply for this job please visit careers-usu.icims.com.