Website University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez Campus
The General Library of the University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez Campus is seeking a creative and innovative professional librarian to work at the Graduate Research and Innovation Center (GRIC). The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Library, Archives or Information Science (MLS, MIS, MLIS) from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited program, be bilingual in English and Spanish and have proven ability to communicate with diverse populations to provide an excellent service.
Under the supervision of the GRIC coordinator, the successful candidate will organize activities and services to support research and creative endeavors, such as the Institutional Repository. Preferably, the candidate should have experience helping researchers with data management and planning and the research cycle. Must provide consulting and training in academic integrity, ethical and legal use of information. Also, must establish collaborative partnerships with faculty, organizations, and institutions for the creation and development of proposals for external funding and research projects and other instructional initiatives.
- Collaborate in the organization and promotion of activities and growth of services of the Graduate Research and Innovation Center (GRIC).
- Manage the daily operations of the UPRM Institutional Repository.
- Offer courses related to research, information, and digital literacy.
- Design and offer (in English and Spanish) library instructions, workshops, presentations, seminars, among others.
- Provide training to students, faculty, and library staff related to data management, use of emergent technologies, plagiarism, among others.
- Participate in the Library Liaison Program.
- Identify and apply emergent technologies to create and maintain instructional resources, learning objects, thematic guides (Libguides or similar platforms), learning modules, mobile applications, social networks and digital content.
- Develop learning objects for hybrid educational environments bearing in mind multiple-learning styles.
- Facilitate efforts to establish a culture of continuous improvement, leading the implementation of assessment tools for both, the service and the teaching-learning process.
- Provide information and specialized consultation services to faculty, researchers, students, and the community in general.
- Collect and analyze relevant statistical data to assess patrons’ needs, develop new services, initiatives, projects and reporting.
- Define a research or creative work agenda to contribute to the advancement of information science research or literature through external funding, publications, presentations, among others.
- Work individually or in groups to develop innovative projects for the benefit of the GRIC, the library and the institution.
- Keep abreast of new trends, best practices and pedagogical principles in education by actively participating in academic and professional development activities.
- Work some weeknights, weekends and holidays, responding to the service needs of the collection.
- Attend meetings and actively participate in both departmental and institutional committees.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a current curriculum vitae and an application letter (both in Spanish and English), describing how, through this position, your qualifications and experiences will contribute to the institutional success. Additionally provide copy of transcripts of all academic degrees and three (3) letters of recommendation to:
University of Puerto Rico- Mayaguez Campus
Call Box 9000, Mayaguez P.R. 00681-9000
Fax: (787) 265-5481
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science or Archives (MLS, MIS, MLIS) from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience working creatively, collaboratively and effectively with teams and on independent assignments, as well as managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate experience working with institutional repositories or digital collections.
- Experience designing, creating and updating thematic guides (particularly through LibGuides or similar platforms), digital collections, learning objects, workshops and seminars.
- Demonstrate experience applying information literacy standards and assessment of learning, services and resources.
- Demonstrate experience working with citation management tools, specialized databases, electronic books, and evaluation of resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse population, including but not limited to faculty, students and general public.
- Demonstrate skills and proficiency applying current and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate active participation in professional and scholarly activities.
- Availability to work some weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience helping researchers with data management planning and understanding trends and issues related to the research lifecycle, including creation, analysis, preservation, access, and reuse of research data.
- Demonstrate knowledge of topics, policies, and regulations related to scholarly communication (e.g. author unique identifiers, research data exchange platforms, researcher profiles).
- Demonstrate experience working across organizational boundaries and managing complex stakeholder groups to move projects forward, particularly those related to the creation of new services, needs assessment or research development.
- Experience working with proposals for external funding and developing research projects for dissemination and publication.
- Demonstrate knowledge related to new trends in scholarly communication including e-research, digital humanities, intellectual property, author’s rights, and data management.
- Possess skills and experience in teaching and integrating information and digital literacies to students, peers, professors and researchers.
- Second master’s degree, doctorate or formal courses leading to a doctorate degree from an accredited university, particularly in archival and data science (Data Science).
To apply for this job please visit joblist.ala.org.