Website UCLA Biomedical Library
The UCLA Biomedical Library is seeking a part-time, Data Literacy Specialist. The position is a 10 hour per week job and will initially be a remote position with an option for on-campus work.
- Assist with and initiate data literacy educational initiatives, including but not limited to developing and teaching synchronous workshops and creating web-based learning objects such as self-paced online tutorials and digital handouts.
- Develop fluency with data research ethics and best practices, current data literacy issues, user-centered design, and learner-centered pedagogical approaches.
- Collaborate with other Library project teams to generate ideas and approaches for improving overall data and digital literacy initiatives.
- Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to work independently while following established procedures and guidelines.
- Effective communication skills, including clear and concise multimodal conveyance of information and active listening.
- Fluency with remote work communication platforms such as Zoom, Slack, and Outlook.
- Experience with providing virtual and face-to-face instructional services.
- Interest in and/or experience with user-centered design.
- Familiarity with asynchronous learning objects such as videos, infographics, and interactive web content.
- Interest in and/or experience with critical pedagogy, constructivist learning theory, and other learner-focused educational approaches.
- Familiarity with data analysis methods and tools.
To apply for this job please visit docs.library.ucla.edu.