The Walt Disney Company
March 11, 2019, through August 2, 2019
Location: Burbank, California, United States
Type: Part Time (24 hours per week)
The Metadata Specialist (temporary) supports the Direct to Consumer and International division of The Walt Disney Company.
The Metadata Operations team is seeking a temporary Metadata Specialist to assist with managing descriptive metadata to support ongoing metadata operations.
Reporting to Senior Manager of Metadata & Taxonomy, the Metadata Specialistwill create, and enhance records within our taxonomy and title management system. The Metadata Specialistwill assist in maintaining metadata and taxonomy documentation including editorial style guides and metadata best practices.
The Metadata Specialistwill collaborate with the metadata operations team in developing and deploying metadata; implementing metadata standards and best practices; and supporting metadata related initiatives.
This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills, fastidious attention to detail, a broad understanding of the digital media landscape, and a general understanding of media asset management technologies. Candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and ever-changing environment where meeting clients’ needs is of paramount importance.
– Create, maintain and expand metadata, with a focus on Authority lists, as they relate to our creative properties;
– Reconcile issues of metadata formulation and usage between various record structures, asset management systems, and business units;
– Analyze, identify, and resolve errors and inconsistencies in metadata and help to troubleshoot data flow issues as needed.
– 1-3 years of experience in metadata management, digital/media asset management, or library experience;
– Experience working with authority data (e.g. LC authorities, Getty vocabularies, etc.);
– Knowledge of database methodologies, metadata schemas, and ontologies;
– Ability to synthesize complex information concepts, protocols and standards, and communicate them into meaningful business activities and/or priorities;
– Ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and facilitate diverse, global business needs with active participation and group consensus;
– Excellent communication skills;
– Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with employees at various levels;
– Attention to detail.
– General understanding of linked data principles, including RDF and ontologies;
– Excellent organizational skills.
Required Education:Master’s in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent experience.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience to Caitlin.R.Oconnor@disney.com.