Metropolitan Library System
- Job Location: Warr Acres Library – Warr Acres, OK
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: ALA accredited MLIS/MLS
- Salary Range: $47,216.00 – $47,216.00 Salary/year
Description & Qualifications
This position will be assigned to the Warr Acres Library, located at 5901 NW 63rd in Oklahoma City, OK 73132.
The hiring salary for this position is $47,216.00 annually. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. This position is exempt from the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. This position requires the candidate to be available during library operating hours, which include evenings and weekends. This position currently requires availability to work Monday to Wednesday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Thursday from Noon to 9:00 pm, Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and every other weekend.*
*Hours subject to change according to the needs of the library.
This position requires selected candidate to have experience working with teen and young adults and planning teen/young adult related activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited college or university in Library and Information Science.
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Enthusiasm for public service and the ability to work well with a diverse patronage.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services to teens ages 12-18 and their parents and/or caregivers.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, young adult literature and culture, and best practices for serving teens.
- Experience building community partnerships.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.