University of North Dakota
The Systems Librarian is responsible for developing and maintaining the servers and systems necessary to support the Chester Fritz Library’s mission of collaborating with the Online Dakota Information Network to manage CFL’s library services platform, maintaining CFL’s EZ Proxy server, provisioning & maintaining a LAMP environment for hosted web applications, in coordination with the Web Services Librarian, and offering training on software to UND students and CFL staff, including common office applications, and more specialized applications.
Benefits includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans. For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain the library’s server infrastructure, in cooperation with other UND and Library departments.
- Achieve and maintain certification in Alma and Primo VE, the two primary components of the library service platform.
- In collaboration with ODIN and CFL staff, manage and update our Alma and Primo instances.
- In collaboration with the library’s Technical Services department, ensure the library’s link resolver definitions are up-to-date and functional.
- Update and maintain the library’s EZ Proxy server.
- In coordination with the NDUS Server Team, the UND Web Team, and the Web Services Librarian, provision and maintain the library’s LAMP servers for hosted applications such as Archon, Omeka, Suma, and others.
- Plan and conduct regular software training sessions for CFL staff and UND students.
- Learn new software and web platforms purchased for the use of CFL staff or patrons.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions, individual or group, on those packages.
- Plan and conduct training sessions on common software packages for UND students, including but not limited to the Office 365 suite, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, SPSS, and others, as necessary.
- Coordinates training program for library staff with the Web Services Librarian.
- Manage digitization of objects from University collections using the library’s 3D scanner.
- Become proficient in the use of the library’s 3D scanner.
- Train others on use of the 3D scanner.
- In coordination with the Digital Initiatives Librarian, digitize collections of objects held by the University for entry into the Scholarly Commons with appropriate metadata.
- Install, configure, and maintain library-specific computing hardware.
- Participate in planning and procurement of library hardware, including but not limited to specialty scanners and self-check-out machines.
- In coordination with UIT, ODIN, and CFL departments, ensure that these are deployed and properly maintained.
- Participate in professional activities, grant writing activities, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Serve on library and university committees as needed.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and workshops as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and participate in professional activities.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession and status of the University.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Relevant academic or research library experience
- Experience with systems administration (Linux preferred)
- Instructional or training experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit prd.hcm.ndus.edu.