Springfield-Greene County Library District
This is a full-time position, approximately 40 hours per week. Candidates must be available to work any hours the library branch is open, primarily Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm. As a condition of employment, work schedules may change as necessary to best provide user services and to meet the Library’s responsibility to the citizens of Greene County.
This position requires an MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution or commensurate experience. To be considered for this position transcripts must accompany your application. Education and experience shall be evaluated with regard to recency and quality, as well as quantity. Based on the number and quality of applicants, applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond the minimums stated herein. Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment
Complete and submit your application and transcript through our online application process. Direct questions through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-616-0589 Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing or appointment.
- Responsible for overall daily operation of the Library’s ILS
- Troubleshoots ILS problems and escalate calls with ILS when necessary
- Installs software and system enhancements
- Develops and maintains good relationships with ILS vendors
- Investigates and stays informed of new products, services, and releases
- Communicates with SGCL branches and departments, and consortium libraries about ILS problems, procedures, and enhancement suggestions
- Coordinates with IT staff concerning connectivity between ILS and our network
- Establishes and maintains annual guidelines for cleaning the ILS database
- Works with vendors to resolve any issues
- Works with IT to determine the appropriate technology integration for new products and to resolve any technical issues for current subscriptions
- Serves on various MOBIUS committees and task forces as necessary when ILS functions are involved
- Attends annual ILS vendor conferences (user group and annual meeting) as funding allows
- Networks with other libraries who use the same ILS vendor as SGCL
- Acts as emergency contact for nights and weekends for ILS functionality
- Trains staff, patrons and consortium members on the use of ILS products
- Negotiates contracts with Consortium Members
- Assists staff/consortium members with use and setup of new software releases
- Works effectively with consortium members including regular visits on site and annual meetings
- Audits and approves time sheets for bi-weekly payroll
- Interprets and implements the Library’s General Conduct Policy
- Timeliness: The employee must be punctual and timely in arriving to work and completing tasks. The employee must also be capable of working all of the hours in their assigned shift.
- Ability to work with others and the general public: It is essential that individual who works in this position have the ability to work and interact in a cooperative, pleasant, and constructive manner with others.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; employee may be required to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Library.
- Work Environment is primarily indoor with heating and cooling regulated in a general library environment
- Works closely with other branch and department managers
- Frequent contact with consortium members and ILS vendors
- Routine telephone contact with other departments and branches
- Supervised by Executive Director and supervises ILS Associate
- Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to 6 feet in height
- Displays good coordination and mobility
- Routine lifting of library materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Regular computer keyboard, desk work
- MLS/MLIS or Commensurate experience considered
- Public Library and supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces that includes an understanding of the ILS from both the technical standpoint and a public service standpoint
- Good understanding of all the Innovative modules/products used within the district
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment facilitating the cooperation of several different staff/departments
- Effective project manager
- Technical writing skills
- Must pass a security background check
To apply for this job please visit secure2.yourpayrollhr.com.