We are seeking an energetic, team-oriented Teen Services Librarian with a strong public service commitment for our Sonoma Valley Regional Library. Provide library service and programming for and with teens and constant contact and collaboration with teens including those with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Spanish bilingual skills are preferred with Spanish Bi-lingual pay being eligible upon passing required testing.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the community.
- Deliver innovative teen’s programming such as book clubs, meet the author series, anime club and more.
- Field questions at the service desk from patrons of all ages, and provide accurate, efficient and courteous responses to reference, reader’s advisory, and patron account inquiries.
- Employ curiosity and empathy as you help community members develop digital literacy skills.
- Perform collection maintenance work such as weeding and identifying items in need of replacement, and collaborating with the Collection
- Development team to ensure the collection is relevant, current, represents the community, and serves both the entertainment and education needs of the community.
- Work alongside other branch staff to maintain a safe and welcoming space, through explaining library policies and procedures consistently to patrons and fellow staff, and through proactively dealing with issues as they arise.
- Create fun and informative social media content to reach and engage with our digital audience. Craft press releases and other pieces to support the work of the Library’s Marketing Committee and communications staff in promoting library programs and services to the community.
- Be an active and vital part of the highly collaborative part of the Youth Services team and support and be supported by fellow staff throughout the organization.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university.
- The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working as a professional librarian, preferably in a public library.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills are preferred.
Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date by 5:00 pm, Wednesday, September 29, 2021 in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.