Under general supervision, the IT Programmer Analyst manages and administers Information Technology (IT) systems for the Sonoma County Library; installs and maintains a variety of enterprise system software and associated hardware; designs databases and procedures required to support system applications; performs database and/or website administration, programming, training, systems, and requirements analysis; performs other related duties as required. The incumbent will oversee all work that pertains directly to the Horizon ILS. Please complete the required Supplemental Questions.
- Ensures availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical enterprise systems.
- Performs troubleshooting as required; leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Customizes and enhance computer software packages and documents procedures.
- Administers and maintains enterprise systems such as the Integrated Library Systems (ILS), content management systems (websites), and/or digital services.
- Researches and tests new products and services.
- Performs SQL scripting and report generation.
- Develops and administers applications.
- Principles, practices and techniques of system management including application design, system analysis, data base management, quality control, performance metrics, and hardware and software options for system applications.
- Integrations between tightly coupled systems requiring scheduled exports, imports, indexing and harvests.
- Enterprise systems and the traditional processes implemented, and data collected, and use of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Programming techniques including integrated database management applications.
- The operational characteristics and capabilities of database management, content management, and enterprise systems, cloud computing, including data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Multiple operating systems, server administration, and networking.
- Plan, organize and document system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with organization policies/procedures.
- Cascading Style Sheets, and PERL, PHP, or other programming background.
- Maintain quality assurance and security procedures for applications services.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the above knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary may be qualifying. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess: a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Information Science, Information Systems management, Business Administration, or a related field, and two (2) years experience required, preferably in public library. As a condition of employment, possession and continued maintenance of a valid California driver’s license and a safe driving record. Desired qualification include experience in Database Administration with SQL certification or equivalent and Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Java Developer, or equivalent.
This position will be open until filled. First review of applications on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 5:00p.m. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application. The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.