We are seeking a customer service-driven library professional with excellent communication skills for our full-time Adult Services Librarian position at the Petaluma Regional Library, overseeing the Spanish language collection. The ideal candidate will have strong outreach, technical, and training skills and be willing to work in a sometimes fast-paced and often vibrant “all ages” environment. Share your talents and abilities while utilizing your librarian skills for community partnerships, basic to advanced computer training and downloadable Audio and eBook device help for the public. Spanish bilingual skills are strongly preferred. Please complete the required supplemental questionnaire.
Under general supervision, this full-time, benefitted position provides excellent customer service while performing a variety of professional adult library services, including reference, reader’s advisory, collection development, event planning, outreach, digital literacy training for the public, and performs related work as assigned. Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general reference and reader’s advisory services
- Explains library policies and procedures to patrons and staff
- Assists, advises and instructs patrons on the use of library materials and equipment, including automated catalogs, the Internet, various software, eBooks and audio book reading and listening devices and digital literacy in general
- Conducts reference searches using a variety of database, online, and other search techniques
- Helps to maintain and select the addition of books, reference materials, CD’s, DVD’s, electronic media, and other library materials
- Assists at the Circulation Desk when needed.
- Assists in and/or directs the preparation of exhibits and the organization and presentation of a variety of programs and events, as well as forming community partnerships for co-events
- Leads book discussion groups
- Promotes the Library out in the community, at schools, and events, and provides written outreach through community publications as well as press releases and other promotions; may represent the Library in meetings with the community or special interest groups
- Helps to maintain social media connectivity to the library public.
- Works collaboratively with staff, the community and special interest groups.
- The Librarian II performs all of these tasks but at a more difficult, higher level. May serve asPerson-in-Charge when Branch Manager is absent.
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university. The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working as a professional librarian, preferably in a public library. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills strongly preferred.
For a Librarian I, the position starts at $31.78/hour to $39.68/hour while the Librarian II position starts at $33.37/hour to $41.68/hour. Spanish Bi-lingual pay eligible upon passing required testing.
Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application. The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s). The closing date is Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.