San Francisco Public Library
The intern will, under supervision of a SFPL librarian, respond to letters mailed from incarcerated patrons around the country. Letters may include questions about reentry resources, pop culture, history, art, music, small business, and a range of other topics. Responses will be reviewed by a librarian who will provide feedback and suggestions for revision as necessary. Responses must adhere to SFPL templates and to the content limitations set forth by SFPL and by the facility where the patron is incarcerated.
- Knowledge of or interest in providing library services to people who are incarcerated.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to respond to reference question without a “reference interview” or any feedback from the patron.
- Experience with online databases.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly explain in writing their research process.
- Must be willing to adhere to rules, regulations, and content guidelines provided by SFPL librarians.
Applicants should contact Jail and Reentry Services staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to express initial interest. SFPL requires an application, cover letter, and resume. Jail and Reentry Services staff will provide the application to interested students.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com