It’s more than what we do: it’s how we do it. Across sectors and borders, in boardrooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by our clients and employees. And in our interactions, we commit to making the O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that our clients never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service.
With approximately 800 lawyers on three continents, and strong cultural ties to all our locations, O’Melveny is both local and global—an international law firm experienced in everything from the fine print of a municipal zoning law to the intricacies of an international infrastructure deal. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve?
We have an immediate full-time opening for a Research Librarian in our Los Angeles office. This position is responsible for providing research support to attorneys, paralegals, assistants, Client Development and other support departments. Research support includes conducting research to locate information and documents responsive to specific requests, including information about legal documents and topics, corporations, industries, individuals, cases and deals. The librarian will use various online resources, including the Internet, Westlaw and Lexis, and other online subscription services and paper resources. Research support will also include working with attorneys to train and support their usage of information resources and will involve working with other librarians and the Electronic Services Librarian in developing and implementing training and support services for electronic resources. The librarian will also perform administrative responsibilities pertaining to the Los Angeles Library.
- Perform research to locate information or documents requested by attorneys and staff
- Perform research to support ongoing monitoring of legal or industry topics
- Develop proficiency in using online and print resources available to support attorneys
- Perform one-on-one training with attorneys and staff on electronic resources
- Work with the Electronic Services Librarian on developing and implementing training programs for attorneys and staff
- Work with the Electronic Services Librarian in password management and electronic resources rollouts
- Work with other librarians and the Electronic Services Librarian in the testing and evaluation of new resources to determine if licensing is warranted
- Perform administrative functions pertaining to the Los Angeles Library
- MLS or equivalent degree required
- Research or library experience preferred
- Strong command of technology, including proficiency with Internet or online searching
- Ability to filter, organize and present information in a concise fashion
- Ability to work with all levels of attorneys and staff and have strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, work overtime as needed and be able to re- prioritize work as needed
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and able to make judgment calls
For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com . Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No direct phone or email inquiries, please.