Vermillion Public Library
This position performs library public relations, programming, and clerical work. Completes marketing, promotion, and advertising for library services and programs. Completes all steps necessary to provide adult programming on a regular basis. Completes all steps necessary for managing and billing for overdue materials.
- Proactively develops, organizes, and conducts adult programming; assists with other programming as needed.
- Maintains and updates library website, calendar, and social media accounts; does basic digital photography.
- Collaborates with individuals, groups, and organizations to expand and promote library programming and services.
- Solicits and publicizes library programs and activities.
- Writes press releases and other library-related publicity materials; responds to media inquiries and interview requests.
- Composes, publishes, and distributes monthly newsletter and calendar.
- Updates and maintains content for electronic billboard.
- Maintains and enhances training manuals.
- Monitors, tracks, and oversees notifications for overdue and replacement library materials; generates bills for lost and damaged materials.
- Greets visitors to the library and provides friendly, high-quality customer service to library users.
- Compiles and maintains statistical reports, and distributes agenda packets for Board members prior to meetings.
- Works with Friends of the Library group to assist in marketing, programs, and used books sales.
- Creates attractive and educational displays to enhance the library experience and to promote the use of library resources.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following.
- High School diploma or GED required; college credits or degree preferred.
- Experience working with website development (WordPress or other content management system), and knowledge of social media expected.
- Experience creating educational and informational programs preferred.
- Experience marketing/promoting programs and services preferred.
- Clerical and/or library experience preferred.
- Knowledge of website design and content management systems such as WordPress.
- Ability to design and create print and electronic promotional materials and signage.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft operating systems and software programs (Word, Excel, Publisher), Google Documents and Forms.
- Ability to engage with community members in a warm, friendly, and responsive way with flexibility, and persistence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate with patrons and coworkers courteously and professionally.
- Ability to problem solve in a positive, constructive, and supportive way.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be flexible, positive, and adapt to a busy and changeable work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing and follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience operating standard office and library equipment such as audiovisual equipment, printers, copier, fax machine, and computers.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to follow the policies and procedures of the Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library
To apply for this job please visit www.vermillion.us.