The Patron Experience Supervisor is a leader who provides core library services in person, by phone and on the web and models personalized customer service. This position inspires their staff to provide the same high level of service to patrons. If you can foster community engagement, lifelong learning, health and well being for Jefferson County Public Library residents, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Always Be delivering a consistent quality customer service experience both internally and to our Patrons.
- Communicates expectations to the Library staff about Library services and trends in customer service.
- Implements industry best practices for merchandising and promoting Library resources as directed.
- Supervises staff in areas of responsibility, including coaching on industry best practices.
- Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, and taking corrective action.
- Prepares and submits routine reports as necessary for Library management.
- Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Supervise access to resources, including physical and virtual resources of the system.
- Routinely provides direct customer service.
- Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Supports adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Provides input for department budget and audits spending per established procedures and limits.
- Participates in annual planning for Library services.
- Always Be a communicator of goals and strategic priorities to Library staff.
- Audits/expends resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over the resources.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience required.
- MLS or MLIS preferred (may be in progress).
- 1 year of library experience required.
- 2 years customer experience required.
- 1 year supervisory experience required
- Technology skills appropriate for the position.
- Must be able to work some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Applicants from the earlier July posting do not need to reapply.
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.