City of Mandan
- Assists with circulation of items at bookmobile stops
- Maintains organization of room box program
- Acts as backup driver for bookmobile if Bookmobile Driver Librarian is unavailable
- Works circulation desk according to pre-set schedule, which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Performs routine library procedures including checking library materials in/out, issuing new library cards, collecting fines, reader’s advisory, etc.
- Greets and assists patrons in locating library materials
- Maintains library shelves including weeding
- Assists with covering and mending books
- Provide outreach story times to county schools
- Assists patrons with using library computers, including internet navigation, Microsoft Office products, and the library’s digital resources
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates outreach programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Assists with planning and coordinating outreach services.
- Under general supervision of the Outreach Services Coordinator and/or Library Director
- May provide guidance to the page or library volunteers
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Experience in public contact or libraries preferred.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the Dewey Decimal System
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the library’s ILS
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, applicable laws, regulations, rules, and library policies and procedures
- General knowledge of technology as it affects library operations
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions from staff and public
- Ability to accurately shelve books, periodicals, and other library materials
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to drive in a variety of weather and road conditions
- Ability to safely drive and maneuver a 29 ft vehicle
- Ability to stay on task and finish work in a timely manner
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers
- Interact and respond appropriately to patrons
- Contribute to a safe workplace environment
- Must possess a valid Class D North Dakota driver’s license. A clean driving record is required.
- A clean driving record is required.
To apply for this job please visit city-of-mandan-nd.hireonthego.com.