Jefferson County Government
We’re hiring customer service and team oriented individuals for our Operations Page positions at Edgewater and Golden Libraries! You will be solving problems using prioritization, process planning and establishing a workflow to ensure a positive experience for the Library community. Your leadership and problem solving abilities will guide the work of your fellow teammates. If you are a creative problem solver with organizational skills, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Delivers high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Responds to patrons’ requests for assistance via telephone, mail, email or in person, and/or assisting with various material and equipment. Trains patrons in use of self-check-out machines and automatic material handling systems. Processes materials including but not limited to checking library materials in/out and routing materials to other locations as needed. Performs basic author/title and informational searches. Maintains records including computer and tangible files. Collects statistical information pertaining to circulation and patronage. Generates requests as needed for the daily maintenance of library computers. Prepares items to be shelved or repaired. Under the direction of the Operations or Public Services Supervisor determines the status of damaged materials and recommends charges as appropriate.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Answers in-person inquiries, helps patrons locate needed materials and refers patron to other appropriate assistance. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedure and standards. Notifies Operations or other supervisor(s) of problems as non-routine situations arise. Uses library computer systems & automated equipment. Submits records and reports as required by library management.
- 3 L MERCHANDISING: Participates in the design and creation of displays and informational and directional aids. Ensures access to all materials both physical and digital. Assists with the general appearance and safety of the location.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: May assist in coordinating the work and schedules of ancillary staff and volunteers. Builds and maintains current knowledge of the library profession by utilizing electronic and physical resources. Stays current on new trends and technologies by participating in trainings and other development activities. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces as assigned. Suggests best practices and procedures for Pages. May assist in coordinating the work of volunteers. Keeps current on library policies and procedures relevant to division and library as a whole. Monitors adherence to Library policies, procedures and communicates polices to patrons as necessary.
- Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Administers and makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, granting leave, appraisals, and taking corrective action. Conducts performance evaluations and communicates short- and long-term goals and objectives. Submits personnel records and reports as required by the County. Assists and advises subordinates as necessary, resolves problems as non-routine situations arise, and ensures adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- One year of customer service experience (Preferred)
- GED, High School Diploma
- Minimum one year work experience