Website NYU Grossman School of Medicine: Medical Library
NYU Health Sciences Library welcomes applicants for the position of Program Specialist, Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) National Center for Data Services (NCDS), a non-tenure track faculty librarian appointment in the NYU Grossman School of Medicine. This position is fully grant-funded through 4/30/2026 and fully remote. The Program Specialist will develop and deliver classes to a national audience of information professionals in a range of data topics, including research data management, data standards, and/or coding. Responsibilities for this position include serving as a director for courses offered by the NCDS, project managing NCDS undertakings such as codeathons and symposia, collaborating on the development of online educational resources.
The Program Specialist will collaborate with the NNLM Regional Medical Libraries, Offices, and Centers on outreach to the library community. The Program Specialist will also be expected to disseminate findings and best practices from the NCDS’s work through presentations and publications. Responsibilities will also include serving on NNLM committees and workgroups, as appropriate. The successful applicant will be someone with the ability to take advantage of a highly flexible work environment, build partnerships with new communities, and develop new curricula. They will also have a demonstrated track record of drive, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, innovation, and a personal commitment to excellence and innovation.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, and is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. The Health Sciences Library supports the mission and vision of NYU Langone Health through forging meaningful connections with our users, providing innovative services, a top-tier digital collection, user-focused spaces, and a strong commitment to excellence and innovation.
- Develop and deliver classes in a range of data topics, both virtually and in person
- Serve as course director for NCDS courses
- Serve as project manager for other NCDS offerings, such as codeathons and symposia
- Collaborate with the NNLM Regional Medical Libraries, Offices, and Centers on outreach to the library community
- Collaborate in the development of online educational resources
- Serve on NNLM committees and workgroups, as appropriate.
- Coordinate special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Compensation and Benefits
The NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, retirement benefits, time off, tuition benefits, wellness programs, and more. Minimum salary is $75,000. The Health Sciences Library provides mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development. Interested candidates from outside the New York City area are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in library/information science or related fields or another relevant advanced degree
- Experience or knowledge of designing and delivering instruction to adult learners
- Demonstrated data skills, which can include coding, data cleaning, research data management, data visualization, and/or other data skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conversant in research data management and data standards
- Creativity in approaches to active learner engagement
- Experience in an academic health sciences library
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references. Position will be open until filled. Applicant review will begin on 9/10/21.Any questions can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.