Website New York University—Abu Dhabi
The NYU Abu Dhabi Library invites applications for a Librarian for Social Sciences to work in a highly collaborative, innovative, and forward-looking setting. Reporting to the Head of the Center for Digital Scholarship at NYUAD, the position plays a key role in the educational mission of NYU Abu Dhabi by providing dynamic and enthusiastic service to students, faculty and researchers with a special focus on research in the social sciences (economics, social research and public policy and political science). The role involves reference, teaching, collection development, and partnering with our diverse student and faculty body on innovative research initiatives. Program development and participation in tiered information literacy programs are required.
The librarian will serve as a resource for students and faculty working with data and scholarly resources common to social sciences research, and as a partner with the other liaison librarians and related University departments. The incumbent will develop creative strategies to understand the information needs of the Social Sciences division, build partnerships with faculty, and actively engage in outreach to sustain strong, consistent, and effective communications between the Library, and the division and its affiliated programs. This position participates in the development of programmatic support of quantitative and qualitative data services as they relate to the undergraduate and graduate programs, including facilitating access to data resources and providing research and instruction support to faculty and students in their use. He or she will develop and maintain print and electronic subject-related collections to support the teaching, learning, and research needs of students and faculty. Collaborative work with colleagues at NYU New York, NYU Shanghai, and across NYU’s global network is an important job expectation. Librarians at NYUAD engage in community and professional service and pursue an active scholarly agenda including publication and research.
Initial appointment will be for 3 years and is renewable contingent on job performance and active professional engagement. Rank depends on professional background and experience.
- ALA-accredited degree or international equivalent graduate degree
- Academic background in the social sciences (economics, social research and public policy, political science)
- Experience with quantitative analysis and its tools, particularly Stata and the R programming language
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in building programs to support campus needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for instruction and outreach
- Demonstrated commitment to building inclusion, diversity, belonging, and equity in professional practice
- Demonstrated aptitude for teamwork, flexible accommodation of a changing environment, and history of collegiality
- Advanced degree in the social sciences
- Demonstrated knowledge of or direct experience working with and managing research data
- Experience working in a research library
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com