The Corporate Legal Records / Information Resources Support Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting Legal Department staff with physical and electronic record storage and retrieval (on-site and off-site) and ensuring those records are properly inventoried, stored, archived, retrieved, preserved and handled appropriately for litigation support and disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and guidelines. They will also assist with the management of electronic and print subscription resources ordered by the department.
- Responsible for entering data into Records & Information Management (RIM) database, classifying and processing records according to RIM procedures so related records are linked, searchable and retrievable and meet Company compliance requirements.
- Performs complex database queries to track records and meet Legal Department staff needs.
- Ensures RIM policies and procedures are followed to facilitate the orderly retention and disposition of records.
- Handles requests for records in an efficient manner.
- Provides support and training to Legal Department staff.
- Acts as a liaison for the Legal Department regarding issues of retention and disposition.
- Provides expertise on a project or request basis on RIM issues or initiatives within the Legal Department.
- Safeguard and maintain records impacted by litigation and administrative holds.
- Establish and maintain relationships with onsite Records Center contacts to facilitate records management processes at off-site storage facility.
- Prepares documents for optical character recognition (OCR) scanning and indexing.
- Performs process and database quality audits.
- Maintains a listing of department publications, subscriptions and memberships for reference materials and legal research databases.
- Directs users to requested publications; assists users with both print and electronic resources.
- Orders requested reference materials approved by manager.
- Coordinating technical services and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Performing various cataloging procedures for all types of library resources.
- Handles invoice/budget processes including the creation of Purchase Orders (POs) as well as processing, tracking and filing of all subscription invoices.
- Works with vendors to resolve subscription and accounts-payable issues as they arise.
- Assists with the development and reconciliation of the monthly law library budget.
- Disseminates knowledge resources to department staff as needed.
- Assists with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, both online and print, and recommends beneficial, cost effective resources.
- Processes daily incoming mail.
- Completes special projects as they are assigned.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and positive work ethic.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- Self-motivated individual who applies initiative and sound judgment .
- Good understanding of automated records management software; Experience using Micro Focus Content Manager (formerly known as HPE Records Manager) a plus.
- Ability to serve as system administrator and subject matter expert on aspects of the records management system.
- Collaborate by supporting an outreach strategy to achieve participation in the RIM program.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in use of MS O365, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams and other database functionality/concepts.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Certification in records management a plus.
- Experience as Library Technician and/or Paralegal Certification a plus, but not required.
- Ability to lift 35 to 50 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.merck.com.