Light Iron Los Angeles
The Media Archivist is an integral part of the Archive department, overseeing all aspects of archive: Verification, restores, and final DI archives, as well as a small bit of server and storage management. Applicants should already have at least a cursory understanding of the skills listed below.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills and incredible attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and be flexible to quickly switch priorities as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position. This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work. Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
- Perform data verification of final LTO archives of camera negative both delivered from set and archived in-house
- Communicate with in-house and on-set technicians to address issues and resolve them
- Restore selected material from existing LTO archives for VFX pulls and conform turnovers
- Archive final picture master deliverables to a variety of client specifications/formats, including cloud and LTO tape
- Manage online media storage across SANs and NASs
- Report/track bugs and crashes of software/hardware
- Test new software and hardware
- All other duties as assigned
- Understanding of digital cinema cameras and their production and post-production workflows
- Understanding of checksum hashes
- Understanding of general computer networking
- Comfort learning new and proprietary software
- Experience in Mac environments, including *nix command-line interaction
- Experience with YoYottaID preferred
- Experience with LTO and LTFS preferred
- Experience with simple bash scripting preferred
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.