South Dakota State Library
The qualified candidate will lead and supervise the Braille & Talking Book Library within the South Dakota State Library. The SDSL is part of the Department of Education. They will provide support for the daily operations of the BTB program to ensure efficient delivery of library services to subscribed patrons and subscribed institutional depositories such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities and public libraries. The successful candidate will manage the KLAS (Keystone Library Automated) system. They will be responsible for the management of the NLS (National Library Services) collection inventory including selected weeding and downloading of new NLS selected books. This manager will report to the State Librarian and supervise and evaluate five paraprofessionals.
- possess organizational and leadership skills
- cataloging experience
- computer software knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Access, Windows 10, etc.
- professional in person and phone etiquette
- hold a current standard vehicle driver’s license
- a Bachelor’s degree is required
- a Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent is preferred
- cataloging/Classification schemes
- library technology trends
- modern office equipment; most specifically electronic systems utilized by the BTBL across the country
- basic computer hardware and software
- NLS national standards and best practices
- communicate well
- inspire and lead a staff of five paraprofessionals
- move the program forward
- increase outreach across the state
- work with stakeholders across the state
- establish and maintain effective working relationships
- navigate the web
- be flexible
- perform all duties documented and other duties as assigned
- work well in teams as part of BTBL, DOE and SDSL leadership
To be considered for this position, attach your resume, cover letter and three professional references.
To apply for this job please visit sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com.